ARLINGTON, Texas - The Professional Women's Bowling Association now is accepting memberships for the 2018 season and entries for the first three standard events of the year.
Women who have achieved an average of 180 or higher in a United States Bowling Congress certified league can apply for PWBA membership. International bowlers may join if they average 180 or higher and provide proof from their country's bowling federation.
Bowlers can apply online at PWBA.com. Applicants will be notified of membership status within 30 days of submitting an application.
The benefits of PWBA membership in 2018 include:
* $100 entry-fee discount on PWBA Standard events
* Priority entry for PWBA Standard events
* Discounted practice rates at official PWBA Practice Centers
* Free PWBA award ring for first 300 bowled during PWBA competition
* Right to receive a PWBA champion banner for winning a national PWBA event
* Right to transport equipment on the PWBA Player Services truck (transport fees apply)
* Personalized membership card and five PWBA bag tags
* Right to wear the logo of a pro shop or business they own or operate (subject to PWBA Product Registration rules)
* Right to enter the PWBA Players Championship
* Opportunity to qualify for PWBA Tour Championship
* Name listed on PWBA.com
Registration is open for members and non-members at the PWBA Las Vegas Open, PWBA Sonoma County Open and PWBA Fountain Valley Open. Registration already is open for the USBC Queens, the first major of the 2018 PWBA Tour season.
Registration for additional events during the 2018 season will be announced at a later date.
The PWBA also has published a revised version of its Official Rules and Regulations.